Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Most Stressful Day

One of the most stressful moments of my life would have to be the last week prior to our homecoming rally. My team and I put our literal blood, sweat, and tears into our homecoming float for the past four months. Everyday after school we would come straight to my house and work nonstop from 4 pm to about 8 or sometimes later, depending on the day. 

Homecoming week arrives much sooner than expected and next thing you know we have less than 5 days to add our finishing touches and be ready to go Friday morning. All of the components had been completed by Tuesday. Wednesday comes along, and I could not believe my eyes. The trailer, the thing that everything goes on top of, had been dropped off at my house before I came home from school. I had given the task of assembling the trailer of to a friend, as she volunteered. What was dropped off at my house was a 6 feet tall box and a trailer that was the wrong size. There was less than 48 hours before the parade.

I contacted more than 20 people, in attempt of getting some help to disassemble and rebuild the entire thing. Thankfully, my neighbor, who is also a contractor, was walking by and told us he would help us rebuild the entire thing. 5 hours later, everyone had left and yet my parents and my neighbor were still outside working. I had regained some hope.

Finally came homecoming day, and everything was set and ready to go. We arrived at Sheldon Elementary earlier than expected and our hopes were high. The parade began, and as our trailer started to move, we heard a crack, and then many more. Our trailer was falling apart, and our float was getting stuck in the trees. I am not exaggerating when I say I almost fainted; however we completed the parade, we received 3rd place, and everything was over with. I would call it a success, and I could not have been more relieved.
Has nothing to do with the blog, but it's still a cute picture

No comments:

Post a Comment