Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Tutorial to Remember: Evil Don and ILC Expectations

Practicing with a camera! (featuring Ryan and Don)
Left the house this morning for an exciting drive in my grandmother's brand new car (it unlocks with the touch of a finger and starts with the push of a button, who knew!) and arrived just on time for my make-up Ivy League Connection tutorial. I had to miss the original one for the speech and debate National Individual Events Tournament of Champions (NIETOC) in Denver, Colorado. I am sorry to have missed out on meeting all of the people from other ILC cohorts, but am excited to get caught up on all the new material in preparation for my trip! Let's make it happen!

So far, the tutorial has featured cautionary tales of appearances of the infamous Evil Don -- along with advice on how to avoid meeting him -- as well as instructions on basic behavior, communication, and blogging skills. We even took some time to experiment with photography! This blog will be my first of many attempts to share my amazing experience with all of you.

Even though the school year is coming to an end and summer is fast approaching, my ILC trip still seems far away. This tutorial (as well as the Chicago cohort meet and greet dinner that we had several days ago) has helped make my summer trip seem like more of a fast approaching reality! I can't wait to see what my experience with ILC has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment